Bundle Contents: N/A
Product: SuSE Official Linux
SuSE Linux has set
new standards for quality and ease of use, offering the most comprehensive
packages of Linux-based applications. With its world-class customer services
and support, SuSE is the leading distribution of Linux in Europe,
and its popularity is growing fast
in North America and Asia, among seasoned professionals and newcomers alike.
For prerequisites or more detailed Information:
For customs information:
Retail Price: US$ 49.95
Release Date: 1999/02/08
Date Posted: 1999/02/05
Last Update: 1999/02/16
Delivery Method: Stock
Key Type: N/A
Price: US$ 34.95
Shipping Weight: 2.5 lbs
We strive to offer the best prices and availability to our customers.
However, because the computer industry changes so rapidly, our prices and/or
product availability may sometimes fluctuate. If your order will be placed
at a later time, please check back to confirm price and availability.
SuSE Linux 6.1
will begin shipping by May 5, 1999.
Older version: You can read about the older
To Order Online:
Scroll to the top of the page and click on one of the blue buttons "Order
This Item," "Order This Item Secure," or "Product Index" ("Product Index"
works best for users of Internet Explorer).
To Order by Phone:
Call 1-800-234-7813 or 1-303-693-3321, 8am-5pm MDT.
We accept all major credit cards, and offer a 30 Day money back guarantee.
To Order by Fax or Mail:
Print this page, and fax to 1-303-699-2793 or mail it with full info
(see below) to:
Linux Mall/WGS, PO Box 460190, Aurora, CO 80046-0190
Orders also accepted via
E-Mail at sales@LinuxMall.com
Important: For more specific and complete ordering
information Click Here,
Copyright ©1999 by WorkGroup Solutions, Inc. - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Product: SuSE Official Linux, Further Information
Please note that SuSE Linux supports most hardware, including
common printers, network, sound, and video cards, monitors, etc.
A complete listing of supported hardware is available at
- Intel-compatible CPU (386 through Pentium Pro/II) and all
compatible processors (AMD, Cyrix, IBM)
- 8 MB RAM (16 MB recommended)
- 300 MB to 4 GB free hard drive space for full installation
(minimum of 500 MB recommended)
- SCSI or IDE CD-ROM drive
You'll find a detailed list of new features on the page
New in SuSE Linux 6.0.
- SuSE Linux 6.0 has for the first time full support for glibc2!
libc5-applications are still supported.
- "Kernel 2.2-ready": as soon as version 2.2 of the Linux kernel becomes available, you
can use it by just copying it into your installation. Should 2.2. be available before SuSE Linux
6.0 will be shipped, it will be included in the distribution.
- Kernel 2.0.36 with full featured support for
SCSI-Controller Adaptec 2940U2W / 7890 and AMI Megaraid
- Alternative: Kernel 2.1.130
- New features in YaST:
- Windowmanager selection
- DHCP-Client configuration trough YaST
- StarOffice 5.0 personal edition included
- KDE 1.0 with Qt 1.42
- egcs 1.1 (for C++, as C-Compiler we still ship gcc 126.96.36.199)
- new init-scripts (services can be activated and deactivated even when
they are disabled in rc.config, new flags: restart, reload, check and status)
- XFree86TM 3.3.3 with support of:
- Matrox G200 / G100 graphic chips
- Riva TNT (ELSA Erazor II, Diamond Viper 550 and others)
- Intel i740
- NeoMagic notebook chips
- Chips & Technologies C&T 69000
- EPSON SPC8110
- SaX (SuSE advanced X-configuration): GUI tool for X server configuration.
- English installation, free package selection
- "susewm": tool to keep the window manager menus up-to-date with the actually installed software
- Rpm package format, sources in srpm-format
- Fulltext search in package descriptions
- View of package contents
- Package independent check of permissions and ownerships
- User and group administration
- Configuration of network printers
- Administration of mutliple networks
- Choice of security level
- Extensive online help system in HTML
- 600 MB Live file system
- Graphical desktop XFree86TM 3.3.3 (X11R6.3), easy to configure with SaX or XF86Setup
- Boot from CD - no boot floppy needed
- Tools for internet access (mail, news, WWW)
- Complete source code
- Emulations for: DOS, Atari ST, Amiga, C64, C128, VIC20, PET,
ZX Spectrum, Gameboy, Nintendo Entertainment System, Atari VCS2600, Coleco Vision, ZX81
- 450 page reference book
- ... and much more
Registered users are entitled to 60 days of installation support
from S.u.S.E. LLC.
What is this
Customs Information for this item:
What is this information for?
Line Item #
||Price per unit
|| US$ 1.00
|| US$ 5.00
|| Intellectual |
| Sale Price |
minus the sum
of the components