Item replaced by : 01664
Product is also part of bundle(s) below:
|Mall Price: US$ 1.89|
FreeBSD CD by LinuxMall.com
FreeBSD 3.3 is now provided on this single CD. $1.89 when ordered online using your credit card! See below if you wish to order or pay by any other method.
|Size (in):||5"x 5"x .2"|
In order to take advantage of this special offer,
you must order online using a credit card. For any other
ordering method we must ask you for a $10 handling charge to cover
human time in helping you unless you also order other items.
Please read our announcement on
the $1.89 CDs.
More complete: Although this single CD contains all of the
software necessary to install and use FreeBSD, many customers
prefer the additional software, printed documentation, and installation
support that come with the
official FreeBSD distribution.
Older version: You can read about the older
FreeBSD 3.2 CD.
Standard ISA, EISA, VL, or PCI bus based PC
(386sx to Pentium), 5 MB RAM. 60 MB disk space for a binary-only
system & 340 MB for full development system.
Consider the Official set:
Although we're happy to supply this CD to you for a mere $1.89, we
also recommend that you purchase the
"official" boxed set.
That way, you help support FreeBSD so
they can keep developing their products; you get
the commercial products that come only with the
"official" boxed set;
and you can still order
this very inexpensive CD to share with a friend!
FreeBSD(tm) 3.3 is a full, professional quality, UNIX-compatible operating system with the following new features since 3.2-RELEASE:
- Much improved Linux binary compatibility.
- DHCP now supported during installation.
- New driver support for:
- IEEE 802.11 PCMCIA wireless network adapters (Lucent WaveLAN and Cabletron RoamAbout).
- NICs based on ADMtek Inc. AL981 Comet chipsets.
- NICs based on LC82C115 'PNIC II' chipsets.
- NICs based on the Adaptec AIC-6915 chipset.
- SysKonnect SK-984x PCI gigabit ethernet adapters.
- Compaq Smart Raid family of RAID controllers.
- Realtek and Avance Asound audio cards.
- M-systems DiskOnChip products.
- The 3Com 3c905C-TX.
- USB, APM and Vinum volume manager support much improved.
- TCP Wrapper support in inetd(8) is now controlled with command-line options.
- Advanced Power Management monitor daemon, apmd(8), has been imported.
- ... and updates to many other things. Please see the release notes for more details.
FreeBSD comes standard with:
- Over 2,500 third party software packages; everything from Emacs to TeX is included.
- All standard TCP/IP networking services.
- Wide selection of web servers, browsers, and email software.
- Full source for the entire system with an integrated build environment.
- X Window System (XFree86 3.3.5).
FreeBSD is based on Berkeley 4.4 BSD, developed by the University of California, Berkeley, and its contributors.
Full Version - (00910) FreeBSD 4-CD Set
We strive to offer the best prices and availability to our customers. However, because the computer industry changes so rapidly, our prices and/or product availability may sometimes fluctuate. If your order will be placed at a later time, please check back to confirm price and availability.