Item : Unorderable
Item replaced by : 01321
Product is also part of bundle(s) below:
|Mall Price: US$ 39.95|
A totally graphical user interface for the Linux installation, login, and the desktop environment are sure to set OpenLinux 2.2 apart as the easiest to install and use. With powerful desktop applicatons, this new Linux product is sure to appeal to both first-time users and seasoned power-users. $10 rebate certificate included!
|Size (in):||8.25"x 10.25"x 2.75"|
Limited time offer: The rebate certificate expires on
January 15, 2000. Requests for the $10 rebate must be received by
January 30, 2000.
Older version: You can read about the older
- 32 MB of RAM
- 300 MB hard disk
- StarOffice 5, WordPerfect 8, BRU 15.0, and Communicator 4.51 require an addi
tional 300+ MB of hard disk space
- Pentium, Pentium II and compatible CPUs
The enclosed $10.00 rebate certificate has an expiration date of
January 15, 2000. Caldera will honor only those
certificates that they receive by January 30, 2000.
A totally graphical user interface for the Linux installation, login,
and the desktop environment are sure to set OpenLinux 2.2 apart as the
easiest to install and use. With powerful desktop applicatons, this
new Linux product is sure to appeal to both first-time users and
Easier Than Ever to Install and Administer
The new graphical installation interface is powered by an enhanced
installation called Lizard, (the LInux wiZARD.) Autoprobing your
hardware for the right video card, network card, PCMCIA detection,
size of hard drives, CD-ROM, and floppy drive, Lizard even saves
installation time by copying packages to your system while you add
user login names and passwords, set your time zone, and perform other
OpenLinux 2.2 has also integrated a custom edition of PartitionMagic,
which lets you size and create a disk partition for OpenLinux, making
installation, whether on an existing system with Windows or on a new
machine, a snap. BootMagic allows you to boot between OpenLinux and
other operating systems on your system.
Bundled Software Increases Workstation Productivity
OpenLinux now includes Corel's WordPerfect 8 and StarOffice version 5.
What's new in the Linux 2.2 Kernel?
The new Linux kernel is a treasure of new functionality and
performance. Here are just a few of the highlights:
OpenLinux 2.2 Comes Complete With
- Improved performance of machines with
at least 16 megs of RAM.
- Power management for laptops
- Linux will now read NTFS (Windows
NT) drives and Windows 98 FAT32
drives (also used by some later versions
of Windows 95)
- Recognizes the Joliet system for long
filenames on CD-ROMs.
- Completely rewritten CD-ROM driver
system for more standardized support
- Support for more than 4 serial
ports, and allows serial devices to share
interrupts. It includes a number of
drivers for non-standard ports and multi-
- Supports higher data transfer rates with
- Many new sound devices are supported
- Support for a growing number of TV and
radio tuner cards and digital cameras
- Enhanced support for Ethernet and
- Additional rewritable CD-ROMs are sup-
ported under Linux 2.2
- SMP: up to 16 processors are supported,
with amazing performance
- Linux 2.2 includes enhanced support for
spanning a filesystem across several
disks transparently. Presently, this
support can be used in RAID 0, 1, 4, and
5 modes as well as a simple linear mode.
Linux kernel 2.2.x; multi-user; multi-tasking; glibc 2.1 (and libc5 for backwards compatibility); PalmPilot-capability; comprehensive manual.
- Lizard, (LInux wiZARD)
- PartitionMagic Caldera Edition
- COAS Administration System 1.0
- Disk Quotas
- IP firewall and accounting
- BRU backup and restore utility (personal edition)
- WordPerfect 8, personal edition
- StarOffice 5, personal edition
- Daily schedule/organizer
- Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, PPP, SLIP, PLIP, UUCP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, NFS, SMB, IPX
- Client/Services: DHCP 1.0, NFS 2.2, NIS 2.0, Samba 2.0.3, DNS (bind 8.1.1), Telnet, WU-FTP 2.4.2
- Internet: Communicator 4.51, Apache 1.3.4, Sendmail 8.9.1, News (inn 2.1), Majordomo 1.94.3
- Dial-in (mgetty 1.1.8 & ppp 2.3.5), Dial-out (kppp 1.1)
- Symbolic debugger (gdb & ddd)
- Python 1.5
- Perl 5.005
- Tcl/Tk 8.0.4
- Java Development Kit 1.0.2
- Java Virtual Machine (Kaffe 1.0)
- K Desktop Environment (KDE) 1.1
- XFree86 18.104.22.168
- 90 days of free technical support are included.
- 24-hour, 7-day fee-based support via telephone is also available.
- Online technical knowledge base provides access to common solutions.
We strive to offer the best prices and availability to our customers. However, because the computer industry changes so rapidly, our prices and/or product availability may sometimes fluctuate. If your order will be placed at a later time, please check back to confirm price and availability.